A veteran’s memorial service is our chance to pay our respects and give brave men and women the compassion and honor they deserve. As citizens of this great nation, we owe our freedoms, rights, and opportunities to those who did all they could to protect our country. This is why null is devoted to honoring the wishes of these veterans and their loved ones, working hard to provide a final patriotic service.
Certified Veteran’s Funeral Specialist (VFS)
South Carolina Cremation Society is a certified Veteran’s Funeral Specialist (VFS) provider. We are specially educated funeral professionals who advocate for America’s veterans and ensure that they receive the benefits they have earned. Unlike civilians, many of our former service members have earned monetary benefits for burial or cremation, military memorial items, ceremonial honors, and the right to choose a VA cemetery for their final resting place.
Honored to Help Veterans
As a certified VFS provider, South Carolina Cremation Society guides veterans and their family members through applying for and receiving VA benefits. This personalized service is our gift to veterans and military families.
Our trained and certified professionals can:
- Apply for military honors, including a Presidential Memorial Certificate, honor guard, a burial flag, and a veteran headstone or memorial marker.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete for compensation, benefits, or awards.
- Coordinate space and documentation with the state or national veterans’ cemeteries.
- Coordinate and confirm pre-paid funding benefits that help pay for expenses the Veterans Administration deemed ineligible.
- Provide additional services unique to veterans and their families, such as professional assistance from a Funeral Director and other support staff, transfer services of the deceased with professional after-life care, use of our automotive vehicles, and additional personalization options such as a specialized engraving or a meaningful tribute video.
Are You Eligible for Veterans Benefits?
For a full veteran’s service from South Carolina Cremation Society, a veteran should have been discharged honorably from service.
However, there are other ways in which a veteran or military professional can apply to receive a full veteran’s service with full honors, including:
- If you’re a military professional who is in the selected reserve or currently on active duty
- If you or your loved one has served on active duty and departed from service on conditions that were not classified as dishonorable
- If you or a loved one was a military professional discharged from the Selected Reserve because of a disability that was aggravated or occurred on duty
- If you or a loved one were enlisted for at least one term or another period in the Selected Reserve and chose to depart under conditions not classified as dishonorable
As a certified VFS provider, we help you understand the benefits you are entitled to. South Carolina Cremation Society is committed to serving veterans and their families with honor. Please contact us today at (803) 594-3436 to discuss your eligibility and options.
Proud Members Of